Friday 14 October 2016

Fantasy/Mythical Creatures

HI!

Please walk down the stairs and see my creativity.  Thank you for your time.



RIVER STAIRWELL



Medium: Oil Paint. 


This artwork represents a stairwell in an abandoned house with a river flowing
down the stairs, trees and grass upstairs.  Paint made by using single photos of stairs and a river, then combined into one general artwork on computer.   I added tones into it with mixed colours and oil paint to smooth the colour of the river and create water movements    This artwork talks about an abandoned house partially torn down while water from the rain turned the stairs into a river in one side and into a waterfall in the other side.   An ode to the force of the nature over mankind's footprint.

 Year: October 27, 2017.


IMAGINARY ARTWORKS



These 3 paints represent other people's imagination. I asked them to tell me what they were thinking and then I painted.  The top left corner is  "The Underworld", the 
top right corner "The Mystery of Underwater Balloon Arrowand the bottom centre "The Return of the Imaginary Dragon".


Return of the Imaginery Dragon

Medium: Oil Paint 
In the bottom centre, it represents an imaginary
dragon flying pulling fire from his/her mouth in a cloudy and 
sunny day with gigantic flowers on a cracking mountain.
 Year: April 3, 2018.

Mystery of Underwater Balloon Arrow

Medium: Oil Paint. 
Depicts an arrow stuck into a balloon under water.
The balloon is hanging on the side of the bridge. Under the
bridge, there is a lake and under the waters of this lake is an old forest of dead trees
that seem to be dragged by the flows.  The fish from the top right corner of the paint is swimming over the balloon, arrows, the trees forest and the lake.
 Year: April 2, 2018.


Underworld

Medium: Oil Paint. 
I called this "The Underworld"
because the background is dark and looks spooky. This paint depicts
the tornado, flower, eyeballs, toast, toaster, grass
and trees. All of them being into one particular scene.  A mix of unrelated thinks at first but useful.  An idea of 'diversity', 'coexistence' and 'respect'.   The
tornado, flower, eyeballs, toast and toaster are minding
their own business by being themselves.  I used
mix colors with oil paint. Dimensions: 
 Year: April 1, 2018.


STILL LIFE COLOURS



Medium: Oil Paint. 


Represents a vase with flowers on a table, beside a snack and
little meal juste to think of the ambiance in my mother's house when I feel home sick, alone in my student room on the campus.
In this painting, I added colours in the
background with oil paint.  It reminds me of the artwork
“Still Life” but I made my own Still Life painting much more
colourful and beautiful thinking of my mother's love for colours.
Year: March 18, 2018.


KING'S CROWN



Medium: Oil and Acrylic Paints.


 Using my imagination to
create this artwork for my project, my concept was a King’s
crown floating on the beach near an island. Made of
acrylic and oil paint mixed colors. The contour lines add precision to 
my work and some tones as well. 
Year: February 7, 2018.

CANADA



Medium: Water Colours
 This paint represents a scene of the Canadian great outdoors in winter.  
It shows a Canadian officer playing a trumpet and the mountains in the background.  
It represents the symbiosis of beautiful Canadian landscapes and the melody of the wind in a stormy cold winter day.  The trumpet represents the melody of the wind and harmony in the midst of the cold winter.  
Made of grey, black and white colours, mixed tones and values of dark and light, darker and lighter, and mid grey tones.
 Year: December 12, 2017.

MYSTERY BOX



Medium: Oil Paint.


 I called this artwork a mystery box. Inspired by my school
supplies and other material in the box in which
there are ski goggles, glue gun, tape, marker and staple binder clip...
A contour line is added to the box. There are different kind of colours in the background. 
I added more colours in the background to fit the scheme in my
painting.
 Year: November 24, 2017.

COLLAGE AND LANDSCAPE


Medium: Acrylic Paint.

A collage work on a Bristol board depicting the nature, land, mountains,
 grass, river with dead trees and clouds under the fog.  Using papers to make bricolages  
of the clouds and mountains,  I added white clouds to have a little 
value of a lighter area and painted the river and sky in different colours of
 light blue, medium blue.   The clouds and river are painted in the same blue colour using water colours,  mud is painted with light and dark values using water paint, 
and spare grass is added to make it look like a swamp. The struggle of the earth.
Year: November 13, 2013.

SOUND OF NATURE


Medium: Oil Paint.


The way the colours and values communicate with
the sound stereo, working with the flow and meaning that painting lines
create movement and repetition; knowing which direction the lines were
going to, using lines as sound from the sound stereo and painting the
sound stereo as to look imagined.  I painted the sound stereo
hanging up in the sky in a broad daylight so that it would cause noises,
make loud noises that sound like music to our ears. Making loud noises is
also like listening to music in the sky 24/7 every day. The paint depicts
contour lines, trees and grass.
 Year: March 6, 2018.


DIVISION OF OUTDOOR FINE ARTS



Medium: Oil Paint.


 This painting artwork depicts the nature area behind the
Fine Arts Building at Grenfell campus of Memorial University of Newfoundland 
in Corner Brooke where I study.  I took pictures with my camera then 
used oil paint to paint my work on oil canvas adding colours
In this artwork, it shows not only the
Fine Arts building but also the Forrest Centre and
Grenfell Green Garden involving plants and flowers.
 Year: January 16, 2018.



SAMURAI WOODEN SWORD



I created a wooden box and samurai sword as part of my container project. I researched about other experienced artist to learn what kind of material and technic to use for my project. Then used wooden materials to create a box and samurai sword. I painted the box with an image of a sea dragon and colours. The samurai sword represent an ancient japanese weapon that still exists in the present time.   To present my project, I played the character of the black samurai Yasuke using my wooden samurai sword and the box in front of my classmates and my teacher who liked my little show.


PAINTINGS






Painting on my spare time. Top left corner: a landscape with trees, grass, clouds in
the sky. Top right corner: a paint of a leaf on the grass under the rain. The black
the background tells that it rains through the night. 

In the Lower left, the paint depicts a Banana on a plate with some leftover of food.
 The lower right is a portrait of a kid listening
to music on his headphones while reflecting on his life. In the background, I painted with blue adding light and dark values.


Life Model/Outdoor and Indoor Drawings









Portrait drawings  in red or black charcoal. Three of the modelling drawings
were both male & female posing. The lower centre paint represents myself feeling the water before getting into the bathtub. This image depicts inside the bathtub with soap and bubble. 


Born To Fight



A book project called "Born to Fight" against a state of rudeness, bully, wickedness, crime, injustice... It describes arguments, verbal abuse, brawls as group fight, eye contacts, fear, threats and retaliation.  I created this little book and edited in Photoshop. It didn't matter what and how many colour I would use, I simply wanted my book project to be black and white.  I drew pictures and added details explaining what is happening in different scenes.


2D Dimensional





2D Dimensional artwork. Above is a bumblebee taken
in a studio. Below is a bush in the atrium gallery in
Fine Arts Building. Students were required to take two pictures of their own
and turned them into 2D Dimension in Photoshop. Both images are edited in Photoshop. I applied reflections between the original images and the final ones. I also added 2D colours and values in both images.



Landscape of Grenfell Outdoors







This was a project of searching for places on campus where to take pictures. 
I took 5 pictures then edited them in photoshop. The top left corner image was taken outside of Grenfell Campus, the top right corner one depicts the Grenfell Campus
parking lot, the lower left corner represents the outside of the Chalet (students'residence), the lower right corner image was taken outside 
of the Forest Centre Building in the stairwell, and the centre lower bottom is inside the faculty in the hallway.  Students were asked to choose a theme  or word that spoke of the project, take pictures and redesign them by editing them in Photoshop.  
So, I chose the word "Squeeze" and used Photoshop to edit my pictures in order to reflect the concept in "squeeze" theme.  
Choosing the word squeeze meant that I had to make my images looked "squeezed".  
Therefore, opacity and reflections that I used in redesigning my images gave them that "squeezed" look.  I worked using a Camera Raw Filters, Smart Filters and more in Photoshop. For each image, I made background copies in Photoshop. Students were asked to write a Project statement explaining the progress of their project.


COMPUTERIZED GRAPHIC DESIGN:

1. Forrat's Chocolate




Forrat’s Chocolate is a computerized Design and Packaging project realized in Graphic Design context.  This project consisted of designing a chocolate storefront and a packaging for the chocolate box and bar.  I created my designs by adding styles with 3 different pantone colours, and the Forrat logo designed in Photoshop. The logo was then cropped to fit into the storefront window to give it an unique brand. The same Forrat logo pattern was repeated in all over the chocolate box cover and the exterior of the storefront.



2. Yoffa Ridin's Promotional Packaging



As a graphic design student, I had to choose a theme and then create a company brand, products and a logo as a final project. Yoffa is a my virtual bike company. Yoffa Ridin is its tag line. Using plain images from the web, I designed the bike accessories products. With In Design, Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator software, I created a logo, added colours, images, the applied the logo to every item/product: water bottle, watch, bike helmets, gloves, whistle, long sleeve shirt and the truck. Images on the truck gives it a Yoffa mood.



Yoffa Ridin's Web Banner Ads



Created in Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign, a web banner ads putting words,images or little informations to tell people to go to this website to see Yoffa products and get information about the company.


Gregory's Pasta Package


The Pasta Package was made using Adobe Illustrator. I designed and created 3 different boxes of Pasta. I started brainstorming ideas with roughs thumbnails and semi comps 
before going into the computer. These Pasta package are labelled with brand name, 
ingredients lists and bold designs. The unique elements are the varied concepts and colours.


Town of Welland Logo


Welland is a town in the province of Ontario were I attended school in Graphic Design program at Niagara College. I designed this logo representing Welland using Adobe Illustrator. I added concepts into it, elements between the lake and the title such as geometric shapes and trees that reflect the town.


Graphic Design Artwork Exhibition


A Graphic Design Artwork Exhibition board in Art Gallery at St.Catherines, Ontario upon graduating after 3 years of the Graphic design program. My previous art projects were all put into one artwork on a white board for a free exhibition in this gallery. Family, friends and members of the public were invited 


Truth & Lies


 




 





This project is called "Truth & Lies". From images borrowed from the web and mixed together, I applied my own ideas, words, colours to create these cartoons,
 using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop software to complete this project.   Images in
different scenes depict what is happening: lies, dishonest and arguments. 



Animation Movements








 Animation project: using either
my own picture or images from the web to create movements and make an animation in Photoshop, I edited, changed colours, added background copies before making a video and an animation. 

V.I.P Hallway




Called the scene the "V.I.P Hallway", this artwork represents  an scientific experiment
happening in the hallway. The Scientists are going to use human creatures for an experimentation while the human creatures are running away fast because they don't want to get examined scientifically. It also depicts the hand and arm of the person drawing a black line with a pen to help and show the human creatures the direction where to run away. This project was done in Adobe Illustrator. I used a few images from the web but my own concepts was design in Adobe illustrator.


Memory & Documents








Research Project: images of World War II in several scenes,
involving the Allies (France, United Kingdom, Soviet Union, United States & Canada)
fighting against the Axis ( Germany, Italy & Japan). Research of
articles from the past representing any moment of humanity history, presented then in any form of media.  Here above, I did a collage of images edited in photoshop
playing around with images found from the web and the library archives, and from my own creativity. I added light and dark tone inn images to turn into
greyscale look with contrast around, brightness and curves. I did
a lot of research on World War II and gathered images from the Internet,
Archives newspaper in Material Storage room, and my own pictures to make the collage.


Self Portraits








Portrait project involving taking pictures of 6 persons and editing them
in photoshop. I know these people in the pictures. These pictures were taken in the Fine Arts Building. I use lighter and darker tones in the images, multiplied them in
photoshop so that I could mix them with light and dark values. I even use curve,
Contrast, Brightness and levels in photoshop to play around with my images.
It shows contrast and brightness in every images most of the time to
make my images look very clear. It was put in display in the hallway of
Memorial University on Campus.


 Boss Self-Portrait



A collage representing a Self-Portrait of myself, made with magazine 
pages that I cut and assembled to make this portrait. I added textures and different colour from magazinepages behind the Self Portrait to cover the white background. 
I call myself the Boss of New York and Montreal, Quebec.  
The word Montreal describes me because it is my birthplace. 
I know there are many bosses in New York but I wanted to
imagine what it would look like if I was running the city of New York and
become their boss, supreme leader.


Trading Cards



Trading Cards on the table in the Fine Arts Atrium, students had
to create their own trading cards.  So, we made 25 cards using our own
ideas. We displayed them on tables in the Fine Arts Atrium so that 
everyone would have seen them. Each persons had to take one card from everyone
in each trading cards that they've created.  Students who made 25 cards had to
trade their cards away. I made a sports NFL Card, the American Football, of
25 teams and I recreated, and redrawn their logos and names.


   Hockey Tape Drawings


 
                                                 

A project that I completed in group with my classmates. We had to find a wall inside our faculty and create anything we want on that wall using hockey tapes.
My group of classmates and I decided to made a building structure, an entrance opening area, sidewalks, windows, streetlight and stars one each side of the structure.  We combine all our ideas together to make them into one drawing image like this one here above.  We worked hard to complete this project and it was the most rewarded experience at the end, working together.

                                                

Altered Book


It's not an ordinary book but I needed to decorate it
using book pages to make something like an object or
anything I wanted with textures.  I made a sledgehammer, ninja stars and a
sword out of textures using as many book pages as I could and made a
championship belt using the same materials.


Grenfell Housings Area


Medium: HD pencils and color pencils.

This artwork shows houses, dumpster, 
cars, roads, forests, stairs and snows, all of it in Grenfell Campus. 
I took pictures of it then I draw it on a big sheet of paper 
drawing board using hd pencils, adding details, a little bit of textures.
Then I used different kinds of color pencils to label every details in my artwork
 Year: January 22 2018. 


Life Drawings Semester 2




Life Drawing portraits of male & female models.  They pose and students draw them on using charcoals, pencils, colour pencils, pastels and more.


Life Drawings Semester 2





Drawing portraits of male and female models. In every
drawings there are light and dark values, tones, colours 
into the portrait drawings. 


Life Drawings 1





Life drawings sketches form my the sketchbook using black charcoal
for all of them. This is just part 1.

Life Drawings 2






Life Drawings 3





Life Drawings 4





Life Drawings 5





Life Drawings 6





Life Drawings 7





Life Drawings 8






Life Drawings 9









Space Shuttle Saracen



A picture looking like a space a shuttle in outer space.
There is a pattern, scale, contrast and rhythm/movement on the
drawing. There is at least textures in the drawings on the space
shuttle glass. It demonstrate creativity and imagination.

Mouth Licking Symmetrical



This image drawing shows the tongue sticking out of
the person's mouth. The tongue intend to lick someone
or something. There is a tiny bit of pattern,rhythm/movement
and unity. It is less creative but it's more imagining. The
tongue shows bigger aspect, it is not pointing straight to the viewer.
It is pointing toward another direction where the tongue is facing.

Sketches



Sketches from my  sketchbook before
proceeding on the final drawing. I draw 7 sketches and chose 
three of them that I like.

























































did
a
lot
of
research
on
World
War
II
so
I
gather
all
the
images
from
the
Internet,
Archives
newspaper
in
Mat
erial
stor
age
room
and
my
own
pictures
and
I
would
turn
it
into
one
collage

























  






 













                    


































































No comments:

Post a Comment